MaBarks

Motherhood, middle-age and marriage. Insights, stories, tips, and musings on the joys and challenges of motherhood and marriage in middle age. Experience and reflections of a career woman with two teenage kids and a loving husband.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Sucker!

I am a sucker. Particularly when it comes to music and my daughter. Oh yeah, and I have had many sucker moments for my son too. But when there is something they really love, when it brings that high voltage smile to their faces and the -- thanks mom. I just can't resist.

So I bought the ukelele and I said we could do a surprise party for her friend but I also said only if you..."bark" - yep I said it -- clean your room...or uh organize your room - actually I didn't say it. Why? Because she said that when I keep telling her it makes her want to not do it. So I said, okay we can have the party and so forth but only if you do the thing that you don't want me to tell you to do...

We will see how that goes....she has until tomorrow. And the saga continues....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home